Registration Hopefully Achieved

Well, despite the complications, it seems that my emailed list of courses counts as registration for the final exams. I still have yet to figure out how to officially register for my heat and mass transfer course. However, I shot a message to the secretary who hopefully has more to say about logistics than the professor.

Speaking of heat and mass transfer, I finally had my first "self-tutorial" for that course on Friday. The self-tutorial is where we show up, the TA gives us a problem, and we try to work through it on our own until he brings us back together to actually solve it. Judging by how far I got on my own, these exercises will be oh so very very helpful. It's one thing to understand the logic behind someone else's solution. It's a whole different game to come up with that logic yourself.

So, having seen how much exercise and self tutorial can assist me, and knowing that I had access to practice problems in my other classes, I spent the weekend...watching How I Met Your Mother. Yeah. I was in an anti-productive, anti-social slump the past few days. Fortunately, I sense a shift in the wind. Just the fact that I'm blogging indicates I've gotten up more motivation than I had all of Saturday. Just to reinforce the motivation, if I do not solve at least 2 practice problems for Dynamics, go to gymnastics practice, and finish reading up on medieval German verbs, I am morally obliged to kick myself in the face. And yes, while I mean it figuratively, it is possible physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment