Insert Frustrated but Determined "Ohm" Here

The title describes how I feel about the people I need to contact to get anything done in my apartment. I still have yet to get the card that lets me use the laundry machines. I can get it either from the landlord or from a certain resident. Well, I have yet to find the landlord in his office during office hours, and the resident is in his room...when he is in his room. To make matters worse, it turns out that washing the hand towels was part of kitchen cleaning duty that I had this weekend. I had somehow gotten it into my head that the person in charge of taking out the trash also had towels. Nope. In addition to the laundry card, I also need to somehow put money onto my printing balance. I only have to pay 2.50 cents per page, but it's a debit system, not credit.

To combat these logistical stresses, I went to the yoga class offered by the Evangelical Student Community. These are the same people that put on Salsa classes. I arrived slightly late due a long walk from my last class.  Normally, tardiness annoys me to no end. However, as a previous yoga instruct pointed out to me, why tense up about being late to relax? When I did arrive, I found the room lit by tea candles in the center of the floor. The instructor and a few students had made a circle around the candles with their mats. I quietly joined them. The practice focused primarily on undoing the tension caused by constant computer usage. We massaged our faces and temples, stretched our upper backs and shoulders, and finished in Shavasana as almost all practices do. The instructor even provided blankets, since the body temperature tends to sink quite a bit in Corpse Pose. While I cannot count this as a workout, it was definitely a pleasant experience. It may warrant revisiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment