Student Visa Specifics

It turns out, you need an appointment. It also turns out, the earliest one is a few weeks away. It also also turns out, it's at 8 in the morning in Chicago. This equals getting up at 5am in my case. When I arrive, I will not be the only one scheduled for that time slot. There could be several people waiting to be taken care of, and this may not even be the first appointment of the day, meaning there could be overflow from the previous appointment. When getting your Visa, bring a book.

There are a number of other things you'll need to bring as well. Most of them are included on the website that I linked in my last Visa post. Here it is again for good measure. However, after booking my appointment, I received an emails saying that I needed the following as well.
  • An official letter from your insurance company saying you are covered for
    • $50,000 at minimum
    • any expenses which may arise during the stay in the Schengen States
    • repatriation for medical reasons, including mortal remains
    • urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.
  • The email giving you all the information above and proving that you made an appointment
I'm crossing my fingers (or pressing my thumbs to be German about it) that the insurance company comes through for me in time. If not...well I'll just stick to contorting my hands for luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment