My Bad...maybe

I was looking over possible courses at RWTH, trying to see if they fit together in my schedule now that the class times for 2013/14 have been released. This process is somewhat confusing, as different courses will follow different "link paths" so to speak. Some, if you click on them, take you to a list of "modules" which are either the main sections of the course or alternative lectures that cover the same credit requirements. I'm not sure which. Then, the place where the link to the classroom and time seems to move about for each class. Worse, some courses have lab components. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to find when they are offered. Looks like I'll be spending the next week frantically emailing my advisor.

However, in the process of looking over courses, I somehow got it into my head to look up the description for the class Regelungstechnik, a controls class that had been used as an ersatz "Dynamic Systems and Controls" by previous mechanical engineers but had been deemed an unsuitable substitute this time around by the professor that teaches DSC. When I looked over the course description again, I decided to compare it to my translation. It had 3 weeks worth of material that I did not have in my original. Whether the course itself changed or I had mistyped it the first time I do not know. What I do know is that if my updated translation gets the thumbs up, I'll be feeling mighty compunctious for some of my more heated remarks about the professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment