Post-Party

As I mentioned in my last post, Thursday I had a shift on bar duty for my floor's Sankt Nikolaus party. I arrived at 9 when the party technically began and asked what I could do to help set up. I received an assignment far better than I could ever have hoped for: Fancy napkin folding.

We required containers for salty snacks. To make things a little more festive, someone decided to use red napkins to make origami bowls. He hastily demonstrated how to fold one and set me to it. If you'd like directions, follow this link. I had not expected to be handed a necessary, creative, non-people oriented task. Score!

By the time I had more bowls than pretzels, a floormate told me I was needed at the bar. Oh boy. It's not that I have anything against bartenders. I just haven't a clue how to do it. I had to ask if rum and amaretto were the same or not. Fortunately, we only had a few options: beer, gluewein, and hot chocolate with the option to add a shot to any of those, along with soda in the fridge. Once I learned how much the drinks cost and where everything was, it became fairly simple. Loud, hectic, and cramped, but simple. Before I knew it, my shift was up.

Judging by how long the music continued after I had retired to bed, I'd say the party was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment