Break has Begun

Today was the last day of lectures until January 6th. My American readers may be thinking "What? Just 2 weeks of vacation? That can't be right." Well, thanks to the fact that Christmas and New Years occur during the lecture period rather than between semesters, a shorter break makes perfect sense. Personally, I'm glad the break won't last too long. Holidays have the one rather negative side-effect that everyone I know is going home.

Flying to America and back just for two weeks break was never really an option in my mind. The expenses, hassle, and frustration involved far outweigh any relaxation there is to be had at home. Even so, I can't say that I'm entirely enjoying the prospect of celebrating Christmas and New Years in an empty building...well empty except for the plants I've been asked to water.

I'll just have to make the most of it. I see crochet, yoga, and maybe even a tiny bit of the studying I've been procrastinating on in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment